23. Mefloquine Dispatches: Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade References Committee, 28th February 2020
by Shane Granger
In my correspondence to the Australian Senate I requested the following:
- You would like to know the status of the comprehensive health assessments announced by the minister on 15 March 2019;
- You would like all the personnel involved in Operation BARITONE to receive a comprehensive health assessment and you would like to receive a response from the minister to this request;
- You would like the committee to investigate the status of the Mefloquine help line;
- You would like to know why DVA have not accepted your Mefloquine exposure given the letter you received from Defence.
This is what I received.
We are making some progress but there is still more mountains to climb which is the reason why I’ll be fighting hard for a Royal Commission into Veteran Suicides.