I have been tracking NSW hospitalisations and ICU numbers for the past week and made the realisation that other states and territories are seeing an increase in hospitalisations as well.
From the chart you can see the massive increase in hospitalisations in NSW. Using the 15th December 2021 (the date NSW opened up again for eight days) as a baseline you can see the almost 5-fold increase in hospitalisations across the board, with the exception of WA which remains largely Covid-19 free. The comparisons:
- NSW – 166 on the 15th December 2021, now 1,491
- Victoria – 365, now 591
- Queensland – 28, now 265
- South Australia – 2, now 125
- Western Australia – 0, continuing zero
- Tasmania – 0, now 5
- Australian Capital Territory – 3, now 16
- Northern Territory – 0, now 21
- Total – 564 on the 15th December, now 2,514
Omicron continues to surprise.